now for the 2015 CCL International Conference and
Lobby Day, June 21 to 23 in Washington D.C.
Please watch and then share this new 2 minute
video about the
climate problem - and the most effective solution for it...
meetings are on Saturday, March 7th!
CCL meetings are generally held all across the
U.S.A. and Canada on the first Saturday of each month.
Each month, a notable speaker on a topic related to climate change speaks to
meetings all across
the USA and Canada by phone conference call.
Guest speaker on March 7 will be Lonnie Ellis OFS, Assoc Dir of the Catholic Climate Covenant
These are the
locations and start times for the CCL meetings in Minnesota on March 7th:
* all of CD3 (suburbs from
Bloomington to Maple Grove) will meet at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Eden Prairie,
at 11:45 am (map)
* the Minneapolis chapter - at Linden Hills Park Building, 43rd &
Xerxes, starting at 11:45 am
* the St Croix Valley chapter - at 10:45 am at Family
Means, 1875 Northwestern Av in Stillwater
* the Dakota County chapter - at 10 am at JoJo's Rise and
Wine at 12501 Nicollet Av in Burnsville
* the Northfield chapter - at 11:45 am at the Masonic Center,
corner of West 2nd Street and
Linden Street South, in Northfield. Contact
* the St Paul chapter - at 11:45 am at Macalester Campus
Center building, 2nd floor, 1600 Grand Ave
* the Red Wing chapter - at 11:30 am at the Environmental
Learning Center, 442 Guernsey Lane, Red Wing
* For information about the Alexandria chapter meetings send an
email to email@example.com
* For information about the Prior Lake chapter meetings, send an
* Other CCL chapters in MN are in
Duluth/Two Harbors and in Morris.
Look who's calling for a carbon tax...
NY Republican Congressman plans to present a "pro-science" climate bill
New York Republican
Congressman Chris Gibson announced on December 4th that he will
introduce a bill on
climate change that will "help others recognize the reality of the
situation." He added "we have to operate in
the realm of knowledge and science." You can see a National Journal
article about this
If your representative in the U.S. House or Senate is a
Republican, please print the article and send it to
him or her with a hand-written cover letter asking the rep to support the
initiative by Rep. Gibson!
*Hank Paulson, Treasury Secretary under Pres. George W. Bush from 2006 to 2009, in a commentary titled
"The Coming Climate Crash" which appeared in the New York Times on 6/21/2014.
* Four Republican ex-Administrators of the EPA
* An anonymous
Republican Congressional staffperson
* Fox News commentator John Stossel (even tho in the same interview he says "the climate argument is absurd").
* The London School of Economics...."a uniform global price on carbon would be an ideal tool to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
sharply in a cost-effective way, based on the principle that the "polluter pays".
* And "more than two dozen of the nation's largest corporations, including five major oil companies" are building it into their plans!
The Carbon Fee and Dividend Act
The science is clear - climate change is real, it's
serious and it's being caused mostly by humans burning fossil fuels.
And, it's clear that if we don't take strong action ASAP to reduce fossil
fuel use, climate change will have terrible impacts on the lives of our
children and grand children later this century.
At Citizens Climate Lobby, we believe that our national policy on climate change should be a match for the science. Toward that end, we offer the following legislation that will achieve the critical goals needed to avert catastrophic climate change. We believe this legislation can achieve these goals while at the same time shielding Americans from the financial impact of transitioning to a clean-energy economy. Our volunteers are bringing this proposal to their members of Congress. If you would like to take our legislation to your member of Congress, please get in touch and we'll be happy to support your efforts. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about Citizens Climate Lobby at the national organization's
The "REMI" report shows that the Fee and Dividend Act would not only reduce carbon emissions, but it would also be
good for the economy!
Or see CCL Executive Director Mark Reynolds explain the Fee & Dividend proposal on the Thom Hartmann show here...
Did you know that many top Republican economic advisers support a carbon
See what they're saying here!
Most impressive is the work of Citizens Climate Lobby, a relatively new, fastgrowing, nonpartisan, nonprofit group with 60 chapters across the United States and Canada. If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Dr. James Hansen, head of Goddard Institute for Space Studies, NASA