Regional Conference for MN, ND and SD will be Friday evening
January 24 to Sunday January 26th at Macalester College in St Paul.
See more info here.
Look who's calling for a carbon tax...
* An anonymous
Republican Congressional staffperson
meetings will be Saturday, December 7th!
You are invited to attend whichever of these December
7th CCL meetings is most
convenient for you:
* Linden Hills Park building, 43rd & Xerxes in Minneapolis
* Southdale Library, 7001 York Avenue South in Edina (note: no meeting at Edina Library)
* Plymouth Library, 15700 36th Ave. N., in Plymouth
* Merriam Park Library, 1831 Marshall Ave, in St Paul
* Eden Prairie Libary, 565 Prairie Center Dr in Eden Prairie
* Good Earth Food Co-op, 2010 Veterans Drive, in St Cloud
* Alexandria - send email by Friday night to firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the location
* Morris - at the University of Minnesota - Morris campus Welcome Center
* Willmar - at Goodness Cafe, 333 Litchfield Av SW in Willmar
* Two Harbors - 133 Third Ave in Two Harbors (home of Mark & Katya Gordon)
* Bemidji - at BSU's Sustainability Office (Lower Hobson Union)
Meetings at all of the above locations start at 11:45 am.
The St Croix Valley chapter will meet at Stillwater Public Library, 224 Third Street North, in Stillwater, starting at 11:30 am.
The Dakota County chapter will meet at Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County
Rd 42, in Burnsville, starting at 11 am.
Citizens Climate Lobby generally has meetings on the
first Saturday of each month at locations all across the U.S.A. and Canada.
However, note that the January 2014 CCL meetings will be on Saturday, January 11, not Saturday January 4th.
Each month, a notable speaker on a topic related to climate change speaks to all of the meetings by phone conference call.
Guest speaker on Decemeber 7 will be Anne Kelly of CERES, speaking on enrolling businesses on climate policy.
Anne L. Kelly is Director of Public Policy at Ceres, a non-profit
coalition of investors and companies, which seeks to promote leadership
and best practices in sustainability. Anne directs Business for Innovative Climate & Energy Policy (BICEP), a coalition of twenty-three
leading consumer-facing companies, including Nike, Starbucks and eBay, seeking to advocate for meaningful climate and energy policy
at the federal level.
The Carbon Fee and Dividend Act
The science is clear - climate change is real, it's
serious and it's being caused mostly by humans burning fossil fuels.
And, it's clear that if we don't take strong action ASAP to reduce fossil
fuel use, climate change will have terrible impacts on the lives of our
children and grand children later this century.
At Citizens Climate Lobby, we believe that our national policy on climate change should be a match for the science. Toward that end, we offer the following legislation that will achieve the critical goals needed to avert catastrophic climate change. We believe this legislation can achieve these goals while at the same time shielding Americans from the financial impact of transitioning to a clean-energy economy. Our volunteers are bringing this proposal to their members of Congress. If you would like to take our legislation to your member of Congress, please get in touch and we'll be happy to support your efforts. Write to us at email@example.com.
Find out more about Citizens Climate Lobby at the national organization's website.
Did you know that many top Republican economic advisers support a carbon
See what they're saying here!
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens Climate Lobby, a relatively new, fastgrowing, nonpartisan, nonprofit group with 60 chapters across the United States and Canada. If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Dr. James Hansen, head of Goddard Institute for Space Studies, NASA