friends about these Sunday April 6 TV shows...
* Sunday, April 6, 6 to 7 pm on NBC - Ann Curry Reports: "Our Year of Weather Extremes -
Did Climate Change Just Hit Home?" See HuffPost article about this here.
* Sunday, April 6, 7 to 7:30 pm on TPT Minnesota channel - "The Cost of Climate Change in Minnesota"
See schedule of later re-broadcast times here.
Look who's calling for a carbon tax...
* An anonymous
Republican Congressional staffperson
* Fox News commentator John Stossel (even tho in the same interview he says "the climate argument is absurd").
* The London School of Economics...."a uniform global price on carbon would be an ideal tool to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
sharply in a cost-effective way, based on the principle that the "polluter pays".
* And "more than two dozen of the nation's largest corporations, including five major oil companies" are building it into their plans!
The Carbon Fee and Dividend Act
The science is clear - climate change is real, it's
serious and it's being caused mostly by humans burning fossil fuels.
And, it's clear that if we don't take strong action ASAP to reduce fossil
fuel use, climate change will have terrible impacts on the lives of our
children and grand children later this century.
At Citizens Climate Lobby, we believe that our national policy on climate change should be a match for the science. Toward that end, we offer the following legislation that will achieve the critical goals needed to avert catastrophic climate change. We believe this legislation can achieve these goals while at the same time shielding Americans from the financial impact of transitioning to a clean-energy economy. Our volunteers are bringing this proposal to their members of Congress. If you would like to take our legislation to your member of Congress, please get in touch and we'll be happy to support your efforts. Write to us at email@example.com.
Find out more about Citizens Climate Lobby at the national organization's
Or see CCL Executive Director Mark Reynolds explain the Fee & Dividend proposal on the Thom Hartmann show here...
Did you know that many top Republican economic advisers support a carbon
See what they're saying here!
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens Climate Lobby, a relatively new, fastgrowing, nonpartisan, nonprofit group with 60 chapters across the United States and Canada. If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Dr. James Hansen, head of Goddard Institute for Space Studies, NASA